Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Getting Started

Standing in the Fred Meyer wine section this evening witnessing my desire for a bottle of wine overcome my evident unemployment, I was struck by the intense need to start a wine blog. The search for good wine on a budget can be tedious, frustrating, and, on occasion, a great waste of money (like the time I discovered I didn't care for Shiraz by buying two bottles at the recommendation of the in-store wine guy). Having recently graduated from college with little but a box of red wine glasses to my name, I feel well equipped to address the ever-pertinent question: Is this a good bottle of wine? Due to limited resources I'll be focusing primarily on wines under $20, more often under $15 and usually around $10. I'm primarily a red-drinker (Merlots, Malbecs and Cabernet Sauvignon top the favorites list), but I'll also look for some great whites since it is summer after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment